Today I turned 40. My life hasn’t turned out the way I expected. Some things, like being a parent, were better than I imagined they could be, while others, like my health, have completely failed me.
This is what I learned during my 40-year-long journey.
40. The only person you need to listen to is YOU. Stop pretending and be what you are!
39. Some people won’t like you, and that’s O.K.. There are more than enough people who LOVE you-focus on them!
38. Growing older doesn’t mean getting wiser. Some people repeat the same mistakes for years. Be smart, learn from your mistakes and don’t repeat them.
37. You know what’s best for you so don’t ask other people’s advice. Deal with your problems on your own!
36. Listen to your hearth, and your mind will follow.
35. You don’t know what you don’t know. Sometimes your journey will take you to the lost pieces of your knowledge. That’s why you need to keep pushing forward and you will find what you need.
34. Mistakes are inevitable. That’s how life is. There is no person who hasn’t made a mistake.
33. Never listen to people when they say something is impossible. You can do anything if you put your mind to it.
32. No one knows the future.
31. If someone says they can predict the future, be careful.
30. Believe in your dreams, even when everyone thinks you’re crazy.
29. Stop worrying. You need your health, and stress is only destroying it.
28. Sleep at least 7 hours at night so you can function normally during the day.
27. Take care of your body. It’s the temple of your sole!
26. Say what you’re thinking. Always hold your promise, no matter the cost.
25. Self-confidence is gained only if you go with the flow of life.
24. Temptations are momentarily, but the consequences are for life. And a life is a long time!
23. Plans sometimes fail. That’s why you should always have a plan B so you can move forward.
22. Always follow your plan, but don’t do it blindly. Make corrections here and there as you go. Widen your horizons.
21. Work smart not hard.
20. Truth is always the best, regardless of how hard it is. It’s better to know than guess and blindly trust somebody.
19. Love yourself. Others will appreciate you only if you appreciate yourself.
18. Be kind-ALWAYS!
17. Not every relationship will last for life, and that’s O.K. .
16. Your job is not to give lectures to others. Let your life be an example.
15. If you’re a parent, be careful with your actions because children copy their parents.
14. Change requires dedication, discipline and repeating.
13. Focus on the NOW!
12. Regardless of what you’re doing now, always keep your future in your thoughts.
11. Let go of your past.
10. You can’t change a person. Either accept them or move on without them.
9. Always listen to others people’s opinions. When you stop listening you stop learning.
8. Question everything. Is the only way to do things right.
7. Your beliefs define your personality, so choose them wisely.
6. There will be many hurdles on your journey. Don’t fight them – learn how to overcome them.
5. Your mind is powerful. Invest in it, learn every day.
4. From time to time, remind yourself of your mortality and take good care of your soul.
3. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
2. Happiness is a matter of choice.
- As long as you don’t give up on life, life won’t give up on you.